Friday, July 2, 2010

Garbanzo Bean Burgers

I set my smoothie down as I was leaving, and Panther showed up at the window. He didn't want me to leave :'( This is a smoothie I made about twice a week, because it's not my favorite. I drink it for the nutrition, not the taste. I mean, it's not horrible, but I don't like raw hemp seeds.

1 cup organic blueberries

1/2 cup almond milk

1 apple banana

1/2 scoop raw protein powder

1 scoop chia

1 Tbsp hemp seeds

2 dates

I try to take both of these everyday, but seem to forget often.

My lunch from Phuket Thai, spring rolls with lettuce, cucumber and mint.
This recipe is good to make when you don't have much else in the cupboard or fridge. Oh, and it is so yummy!

Garbonzo bean burgers:

Olive oil, enough to saute

1/2 cup purple onion, diced

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 teaspoon cumin

1 teaspoon celery seed

1 teaspoon parsely, fresh is best but dried is fine

sea salt, just a little

1/2 cup walnuts, other nuts if you have to substitute

1 can organic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed

3 Tbsp flour

1 Tbsp arrowroot

Saute the onions, garlic, cumin, celery seed, and salt over medium heat until the onions are cooked well. Food process the nuts until they are a coarse meal. Put garbanzo beans in the processor and process the same way as the nuts. Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Form the mixture into four burgers. Fry them on a frying pan until lightly brown. Then follow my recipe below to make the burger sauce.

Tahini Dill Veganese

3-4 Tbsp Veganese

1 Tbsp tahini

1 Tbsp fresh dill, less if you're not into dill

1 clove garlic, miced

Mix all ingredients together well and serve on your garbanzo burgers.

8 comments:

  1. Yum, that looks great! I always have garbanzo beans lying around. And that sauce sounds amazing! I never think to make a homemade sauce for burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianne- Oh it was so yummy! The onions in the burgers and sauce on top totally made my night! I was so excited to come up with a new tasty recipe! I ate two burgers on my own, and gave one to my friend that came by. I have one left for dinner tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some seriously healthy juice/smoothie action going on. That smoothie sounds kind of yummy to me...what is it that makes the flavor not your favorite? Love the chickpea/walnut burger recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose- I pretty much hate raw hemp seeds. That's what I hate about the smoothie :) But I LOVE hemp milk. Weird? Probably. You have got to try the garbanzo bean burger. It was so yummy! I ate two last night on my own and was stuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis all looks amazing. And your turtle is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy- Aw, thank you! When my husband and I had our first Valentines together, he asked me what I wanted. I said to be creative. He came home with a tiny baby turtle! Best valentines present ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picture of Panther looking at the smoothie is so cute, and I loved reading all about your pets in the sidebar!

    Thanks for posting your yummy looking recipes:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Evergreen- I love my Panther boy. He meows to go outside every morning. He gets monitored visits outside while I water my plants. Thanks for reading about my babies, I used to have a slideshow up, but I didn't think that was enough.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails