Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Review: Tofutti


The nice people at Toffuti sent me a few coupons to try out some of their products. I settled on Tofutti's Better Than Cream Cheese-Plain, Better Than Sour Cream-Plain, and Chocolate Tofutti Cuties. Tofutti makes a good variety of dairy-free products for us vegans.


I will start with the Chocolate Tofutti Cuties. First off, Tofutti Cuties have been around longer than any other frozen nondairy ice cream sandwich out there. It comes in the following flavors: vanilla, totally vanilla, cookies and cream, strawberry wave, chocolate, peanut butter, mint chocolate chip, coffee break, wild berry, & key lime. The small health food store near me only carries the flavor of chocolate, so chocolate it is! These little ice cream sandwiches are just what the doctor calls for when you are craving something chocolaty and sweet. They are nice and creamy too! None of the ingredients are organic, but they are vegan! These are nice to just have in the house in case you have a chocolate emergency, which I seem to have often. If you are a chocoholic like me, these are a must in your freezer.




Check out that creamy, chocolaty goodness!

Now let me talk about Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese and Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream. When I became vegan, cheese was my biggest downfall. I could easily go without any meat, milk or butter, but I always loved my cheese! When you taste Tofutti's cream cheese, you will never miss your old cream cheese again! This stuff is amazing! It has exactly the same texture and consistency as regular cream cheese. I LOVE it! The store near my home only carries the plain variety, but that is fine by me. It also comes in flavors that range from garden veggie to french onion to garlic and herb. If you used to love cream cheese, look no further. This is no only comparable, it is better! Their sour cream is the same! It is creamy and light just like dairy sour cream. I like to use it for vegan stroganoff.



These two are must haves in my home, just in case I need to make some crackers with sun dried tomatoes and cream cheese or tacos or bagels & cream cheese or enchiladas. The list could go on and on.


Please note, Tofutti donated these coupons to me. I was not paid for this review. Click HERE for a tasty jalapeno popper recipe using Tofutti's Better Than Cream Cheese.

10 comments:

  1. I recently tried their sour cream and it is SO good! I wasn't sure what to expect, but I couldn't believe how much it tasted like sour cream. I've been wanting to try the Tofutti cuties as well, so I'm glad to know they are good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna- yes they are yummy:0) My favorite product of theirs would have to be the tofutti cream cheese. I love LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky! hod do i get them to send me some? ;) I like the cookies and cream one. All of their products are just too good. I could eat an entire box in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We almost always have a tub of cream cheese in our fridge, too, "just in case." (Just found your blog - following!)

    It's nice to find others who have the same beliefs as me (not just veganism). Sometimes it's either one or the other (vegan/Christian).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica- I just email companies that I really like their products and tell them that I write a blog and ask if they would like to send me samples to review for them on my blog :) Easy ! A lot of times they can't send you things because their are a lot of requests for them, so just to warn you :)

    Jenny- Thanks for following my blog! I know what you mean. As if being one or the other wasn't "weird" enough, we are both! Haha! I can tell you that I get called weird on a daily basis. Honestly. And it's because I love God, I love my animals as if they were my real children, and I'm vegan! Among other things :) Very nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all Tofutti products. Who the h*ll is calling you weird?! That is messed up! Don't make me buy a plane ticket to Hawaii and come kick their *ss cuz I will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooove tofutti! It has gotten me through "Bagel Sunday" with the boyfriend for months! French Onion is my absolute FAVORITE (get it if you haven't tried it yet - you won't be disappointed)! I also love making my own scallion and vegetable spreads out of the regular flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shen- aw thank you, you are too sweet! Various people call me weird on a daily basis. I'm getting used to it now. I really don't think I am THAT weird. Maybe I am, who knows haha. Who cares! Well, my neighbors all think I am weird because I have 8 pets, I have a compost in my front yard, tons of plants, I talk to all my animals all the time, I feed the birds outside, I feed the cats outside, I recycle, I bring my own veggie dog/burger to BBQ's..."weird" things like that.

    Amanda- I will look for that french onion one, thanks for the tip! I have been making scallion, thyme, garlic spread with my plain one the last few days too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MMmm - Tofutti Cuties! What a sweet name for a great treat. We always have a box in the fridge. I like the vanilla the best. I think they're the perfect size.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica- Yes they are the perfect size! I love the name too. I opened the box and thought to myself, aw they really are cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails