Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Nano hates the vet

This was breakfast yesterday and today. Yesterday I had organic peanut butter and organic banana slices on Ezekiel bread. Today I had a smoothie packed with tons of nutrition hence the grey color. I added the following ingredients:

1 cup organic blueberries
2 handfuls organic spinach
1/2 an organic banana
1 scoop chia seeds
2 Tbsp cocoa nibs
1 tsp spirulina
Coconut milk, enough to blend

This was my poor Nano at his vet appointment today. He crawled behind me and smashed his face into the corner. He's had scabby bumps on his head, and I had to find out why. I think it is because him and my youngest cat like to rough house and his head got infected from getting scratched too many times. He had to get a shot for his skin irritation so he wasn't thrilled.


Now he's back and happy to be home.

My husband bought a ton of walnuts at Costco so I have just been using them for anything I can. I made some fresh walnut butter.

Dinner was black bean burgers. Basically the same concept as the garbanzo bean burgers, but with black beans. I ate them with a big spinach salad and some fresh peanut salad dressing and guacamole.

8 comments:

  1. aww poor nano! Lima doesnt like it either. She always curls up into a ball in my arms.

    Those veggie burgers look delicious! Ive never made my own. I'll just come eat dinner with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad we don't live closer, then you could totally come over! I wish I had a vegan friend over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sad how the healthiest smoothies can end up rather....gray. I feel you. But i bet it still tasted delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy-yes it was yummy! Just weird looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the follow, I have been trying to follow your blog and I for some reason or another I havent had success. By the way nano rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carmina- Thanks for the follow! I see you on there now :) Yes, Nano is my baby. When the vet checked his weight today it was 18.5 lb. Big boy! He cuddles with me every night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Nano! I hate taking my babies to the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shen- How many do you have? I am such a dork, but I was practically in tears because I felt so bad taking him to the vet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails