Sunday, January 16, 2011

Gerson Therapy aka The Cure for Cancer



Have you guys heard of this? I just watched a documentary on it and read about it online. It is amazing! I copy and pasted the information from the website.


The Diet:



The Gerson diet is naturally high in vitamins, minerals, enzymes, micro-nutrients, extremely low in sodium and fats, and rich in fluids.
The following is a typical daily diet for a Gerson patient on the full therapy regimen:
  • Thirteen glasses of fresh, raw carrot/apple and green-leaf juices prepared hourly from fresh, organic fruits and vegetables.
  • Three full vegetarian meals, freshly prepared from organically grown fruits, vegetables and whole grains. A typical meal will include salad, cooked vegetables, baked potatoes, vegetable soup and juice.
  • Fresh fruit and fresh fruit dessert available at all hours for snacking, in addition to the regular diet.
Medications:

All medications used in connection with the Gerson Therapy are classed as biologicals, materials of organic origin that are supplied in therapeutic amounts.
  • Potassium compound
  • Lugol's solution
  • Vitamin B-12
  • Thyroid hormone
  • Injectable Crude Liver Extract
  • Pancreatic Enzymes
  • Enemas of coffee and/or chamomile
Detoxification:

A very important part of the Gerson Therapy is frequent detoxification of the tissues and blood. This is accomplished through a variety of means, first and foremost through the use of coffee enemas.
The scientific basis for the use of coffee enemas is well documented, and can be obtained from the Gerson Institute. Patients report that the enemas decrease pain and hasten healing. Biologically, enzyme systems of the gut wall and liver are stimulated, and bile flow is increased. This has been shown to enhance the body's ability to eliminate toxic residues from environmental, chemotherapeutic, and other sources.
Tumor and other diseased tissue is also more rapidly eliminated as it is broken down.
Other means of detoxification include castor oil, used as an additional stimulant of bile flow and as another way to enhance the liver's ability to filter blood. In addition, digestive enzymes serve to enhance absorption of nutrients as well as assist in the elimination of damaged tissue.

    Info from: http://www.gerson.org/GersonTherapy/gersontherapy.htm

    4 comments:

    1. See, this just goes to show how extremely powerful plant foods can be. Very cool!

      ReplyDelete
    2. i learned about this when i saw the beautiful truth. thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I watched this movie and I couldn't believe it. The benefits of a vegan diet are wonderful, and the more fruits and veggies we eat, the healthier we are. Thanks for stopping by my blog, its exciting meeting other vegan people! All your critters are super cute, we have three kitties of our own (though we foster cats, so we usually have several fosters as well)
      I totally love documentaries too - we should compare our watched lists. I think im out of hippie streaming netflix movies, now I have to wait for the dvd's

      ReplyDelete
    4. Molly- So true! I try to get my husband to watch all these movies with me too as well as my family. My family still thinks I am a whack job though.

      Kelli- I watched Beautiful Truth as well. Great Documentary!

      Rebecca- Thanks for coming by my blog :) Maybe we can be blogger friends now :) The benefits of a vegan diet are extraordinary or at least I and a few other people think so ;) I love my animals. I recently moved and was only able to take my cats and dog and not my guinea pigs and turtle. They went to friends and family though so they are in great homes! I love fostering and I love that you foster as well. I used to actually run a no kill shelter in Hawaii. Once I left it shut down, because no one wanted to take over. We should compare Netflix movies. I love Netflix. All the ones I watched...semi recently are Food Inc (of course), The Beautiful Truth, The Gerson Therapy, Supersize me, Earthlings and Food Matters. Those are all the food ones anyway. Nice to meet you and good luck on your vegan journey!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts with Thumbnails