Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cat Scratches

I thought people might be tired of seeing my green juice every day so I switched it up. Today's breakfast was some coconut yogurt with raspberries and strawberries.

 Hummus! I made a HUGE portion of hummus recently, so I will be eating it for days and days. It's pretty similar to my last one, just a couple differences.

Cilantro Basil Hummus

2 cups dried garbanzo beans (put in the slow cooker for 18 hoursish)
Tahini
Lemon Juice
Garlic
Olive oil
Cumin
Salt
Fresh Basil
Fresh Cilantro
Water

All blended together in the Blendtec on the "dip" setting. So good!  Sorry I didn't put measurements because I honestly don't know how much I put of each.

This was actually dinner. I had strawberries, pita chips, guacamole, and hummus.

My husband brought to a place called Blue Planet Natural Grill a couple days ago. I had the Santa Fe Wrap with Sweet Potato Fries. For the Santa Fe Wrap, I had them substitute tofu instead of chicken and Teese instead of cheese. It was pretty tasty!
This is what my cat decided to do to my face while I was sleeping. This is the consequences of having four cats in one tiny room together. He was playing with the other cats and ran across my face. Below is how it looks now. Almost better, yay! I hope everyone is having a great day today!

12 comments:

  1. Yikes! One of my cats is a scratcher, too, but not on my face - it does look like it's healing well.

    I love cilantro in hummus. How's the food shopping in Omaha? Nice to see you found some coconut yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Naughty kitteh! It looks like it's healing very well though. Your eyes are so gorgeous, and you have lashes that just won't quit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, sorry about your nose. Our cats play in the bed while we sleep too. I have had my share of scrapes from our little angels. It is a very disconcerting way to wake up. Thankfully you are healing well.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew your face was so good for traction? At least they didn't get your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch...I always did hate cat scratches! It does seem to be healing very well though! My husband does NOT like cats because of that very reason. :-(

    Your coconut yogurt sounds good. I've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with River - you have great eyes. I've never had a cat so I can't relate but glad it's healing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naughty cat, why your pretty face. I think it was looking for some attention, naughty kitty.

    Good to see its healing well though, and hopefully won't leave much of a mark.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carissa, I gave you a Most Versatile Blogger award on my site, come over and check it out. Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Youch - that must have hurt! It is healing well though, and you are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry it took so long to comment, but I was so sorry to hear about this! Glad that it's healing nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The same thing has happened to me!! Your nose has healed amazingly! How long did it take to heal, and did you use anything to help with the healing process? Thank you!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What did you applied on your scratch even my cat have scratch my cheeks please would you tell me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails