Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shopping at Wholefoods

Hurray for payday! I was running so low on groceries. I picked up a bunch of raw organic goodness and a few other things.

Some of the things above are: apples, cauliflower, kale, Swiss chard, raw coconut butter, cashews, wild rice, mangoes, avocados, celery, cucumber, eggs and cheese.
*Also, the eggs that I buy are from cage-free and humanely raised chickens. I rarely eat eggs, but when I do these are the ones I buy.*




I have not eaten cheese in forever! It used to be one of my favorite things and I have slowly learned to live without it. It was the hardest of dairies to give up. I was so excited when I found this cheese! It is organic and American Humane Certified.
Now, American Humane Certified must meet these “five freedoms” protocols which include:
**Freedom from thirst and hunger – by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigor.
**Freedom from discomfort – by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
**Freedom from pain, injury and disease – by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
**Freedom to express normal behavior – by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
**Freedom from fear and distress – by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
Out of all the hundreds of cheeses at Wholefoods this was the ONLY one that was American Humane Certified. So, as of now, this is the only cheese I will eat, and I still rarely eat cheese.


My snack at work. Apple & celery with peanut butter. Do you like my new reusable snack bags?


Sonic boy after a long run at the park.
He's drinking out of his travel water bowl that he loves.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails