Friday, May 28, 2010

Hummus & Raw Salad

This was my dinner last night, baked pita chips, hummus and cauliflower salad. For the pita chips, I had leftover pita bread in the fridge that was going to waste. So I cut in strips and brushed them with garlic, olive oil, and dill, then baked at 350 for about 10 min until crunchy.
For the hummus, I tried something new.This is what I used:
Hummus
1 can garbanzo beans
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp tahini
1/4 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
water -to consistency you want
salt
Food process all ingredients.
The sesame oil gave it a little different flavor. I liked it.
Cauliflower salad:
1 head of cauliflower (food processed into small granules)
1-2 tomatoes
1/4 cup maui sweet onion
1 avocado-cubed
1/2 a jalepeno
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup cilantro
Cilantro- to taste
Olive oil-to tase
Paprika
Salt
Pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Eat raw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails