Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday coffee

So this morning I decided to make some vegan caramel sauce for my coffee. Keep in mind that this is a caramel sauce made to drizzle on things, not a hard caramel. This is the recipe:

Caramel Sauce
1 stick Earth Balance margarine
2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. soy creamer or soy milk (I used almond milk since I had it on hand)
2 T. arrowroot

Combine 1/4 cup soy creamer with the arrowroot. Set aside.
Melt the Earth Balance in a saucepan. Stir in brown sugar. Add remaining 1/2 cup soy creamer. Bring liquid to a boil and boil for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Take the pan off the heat and immediately add arrowroot mixture. The liquid should thicken quickly.

So I poured a little caramel sauce into the bottom of my cup. I then poured part of the iced coffee in. (I cheated and bought some black iced coffee at mcdonalds.) Then add almond milk & agave to taste. I added a little too much agave, but other than that, it turned out great!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails