Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Organic" milk?


I personally do not drink milk, and would much rather consume almond milk. Although, if I did drink milk I would chose an organic milk produced by a company who treats their cows humanely. I have been doing research and was sad with what I found. A lot of different sites online say that the Horizon milk brand has been cutting a lot of corners when it comes to following the organic standard. They produce milk under factory-farm conditions. They also do not always buy organically raised calves. They purchase them from conventional farms. These so called organic cows have been fed genetically modified grains among other things. So do some research on it and make your own choice whether you want to drink horizon milk and support that company or not. I know I don't want to.

Also visit the notmilk website.

*Give soy, almond, rice, or hemp milk a try*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails