Hello all! I recently have developed a bad tooth ache due to the fact that I have a wisdom tooth growing in as well as a cavity in that wisdom tooth. Has anyone read this book:
I am very interested in it, but it is about $30 so I have not purchased it yet. I am going to look for it in some used book stores though. I am against getting fillings because of the high levels of mercury in them. Just for those who aren't familiar, here are a few facts about fillings that I have copied and pasted:
"For years, dental patients have assumed that the materials being used in dentistry are safe. It is now becoming widely believed that this is not the case. With the recent rise in awareness about amalgam (mercury-based) fillings and how they continuously offgas highly toxic mercury vapor into the mouth, dental consumers are becoming more choosy about what materials they decide to have placed the the highly-volatile environment of their mouths. A close look at the materials used in dentistry show that there may be no such thing as a perfect filling material.
Although porcelain/ceramic fillings have been used for years, they often contain a substantial amount of aluminum, normally in the form of aluminum oxide. In some cases, they contain 45% aluminum oxide. Some manufacturers claim that only very minute amounts of aluminum leach from these fillings, however, medical professionals have claimed to have witnessed aluminum toxicity allegedly caused by this type of filling material. The general belief is that aluminum toxicity leads to immune system issues and neurological disorders. It has also been reported that porcelain fillings contain various other metals such as cobalt, barium and cadmium, each of which can be harmful to your health. Some manufacturers of porcelain fillings utilize chemicals like acrylate, formaldehyde, hexane, hydroquinone, phenol, polyurethane, silane, strontium, toluene and xylene which can be present in the final filling material.
It is well known that mercury and aluminum are extremely toxic to the body when mixed. Dr. Boyd Haley states that the two metals together are 100-times more toxic to the body than either metal alone. It may be wise to consider this fact if you believe that aluminum leaches from fillings, especially if you're having amalgam (mercury-based) fillings removed just prior.
Resin fillings are often thought of as "plastic" fillings. They normally contain a mixture of glass and plastic with other substances. The health concern associated with resins are that they contain a class of chemicals known as bis-phenol (or BIS-GMAs). This substance has been shown—in some cases—to leach estrogen-mimicking compounds into the body. There are also reports that some brands of resin contain barium and/or aluminum. Some resins are based on another class of chemicals known as methacrylates and have properties that may make them hard on the liver and kidneys over an extended period of time.
Gold, in it's pure form, is not useful as a dental restoration material (in most cases) because it is too soft. For this reason, it is normally mixed with other metals including chromium, nickel, copper or palladium in order to increase its strength. The incidence of diagnosed nickel and copper toxicity is increasing rapidly as the awareness of the harmful physical effects of these metals is realized. Copper toxicity often has many of the same symptoms as does mercury toxicity.
Amalgam fillings contain up to 50% (more in some cases) of mercury. This mercury is well-known to offgass into the oral cavity constantly. Because the toxic properties of mercury are well-known, and considering mercury is the most toxic non-radioactive metal, amalgam fillings are virtually never considered an option by dentists who stay current with medical research. Most (or all) of the arguments promoted by the American Dental Association claiming amalgam safety have been successfully rebutted in the medical literature and by professional organizations.
There are several trends in the dental industry as information about the possible toxic nature of fillings becomes apparent. One of these trends is the use of a filling material called DiamondLite. Many biological dentists are now considering this material to be one of the "safer" alternatives, although not perfect."
With all this being said, I really need your help if anyone has any in site into reversing cavities. I am researching as well. The biggest thing I found is that we need to eat less sugar and processed foods.Also, I am currently applying one drop of clove bud essential oil to my infected area daily.
Clove oil kills bacteria. Its main component is eugenol. Eugenol is a powerful phyochemical that anesthetizes, fights free radical oxidation, kills intestinal parasites and bacteria and fungi. Clove oil is antiseptic and antimicrobial which make it great for tooth infections I think. Just to warn you if you plan on trying this, clove oil is very strong! Also, do your research before hand. The best thing to do is to soak a cotton ball in olive oil and then add a couple drops of clove oil. Apply this directly to the infected tooth for as long as you can. Do not sleep with it on your tooth though!