Thursday, November 5, 2009

Vegan 28

A Vegan MoFo survey
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?I would probably have to say chocolate hemp milk, but I also love chocolate & plain almond milk.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?Tomato Basil Pasta - from veganyumyum
Apple Ginger Upside Down Cake - from veganappetite
Paprika Tofu w/ Mexican Balls - from atebitvegan
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?I don’t care much for popcorn, but maybe plain w/ vegan caramel sauce, mmm.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?A casserole with vegan “ground beef” in it. It was disgusting and I haven’t tried anything with vegan ground beef again!
5. Favorite pickled item?This one is hard. Probably mango, but I also love pickled papaya, onions, garlic, PICKLES, anything really!
6. How do you organize your recipes?I don’t. Most of them that aren’t from a book are in a shoebox in my kitchenJ
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?Garbage disposal, but I am working on a compost. It’s not really a common thing in Hawaii, but I am getting one!
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?Avacado, Some type of Thai Curry, &….Onions or Garlic probably. This is assuming that there is already vegetation on this island (vegetables and mangos, coconut, etc.)
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?I was in guam & palau, so vegetable lumpia & red rice! Also, fresh coconut, mango, papaya, AHU (which is tapioca starch, coconut milk, coconut, & sugar)…OH and fresh tortillas!
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?Coconut Bliss is my favorite brand so far.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?Kitchenaid, Rice cooker, & my sticky rice maker ( which I’ve never used, haha)
12. Spice/herb you would die without?maybe….basil or pepper ESPECIALLY pohnpei pepper
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?Probably my Chamorro cookbook
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?I love apple butter, orange marmalade, ANY type of homemade jam is always best.
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?Desserts or stirfry probably
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?Tofu all the way. I don’t like tempeh.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?Breakfast is always good any time of day or dessert, haha!
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?Cereal, baskets, macadamia nuts, that’s pretty much it I think, oh and soy powder.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.Coconut Bliss Chocolate flavored, strawberries, & lot’s of mixed vegetables.
20. What's on your grocery list?Basil, Cashews, tomatoes, tofutti sour cream, breakfast patties, that’s all off the top of my head.
21. Favorite grocery store?Down to Earth & Whole Foods
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.Lemon Chicken…some how…some way….
23. Food blog you read the most ?
Probably Vegan Dog’s Life because he updated it every day!
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?I haven’t really tried many, but probably any dark chocolate.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?I usually wait until stuff goes on sale. Probably Agave (not on sale Hawaii priced).
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Vegan-rella, and “ground beef” ew!
27. Favorite food cart?
Hmm, we don’t really have any here…
28. Top 3 favorite cuisines!THAI, Japanese, & Mexican.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This is Kiley from Coconut Bliss I just wanted to say thanks for the shout out as your favorite vegan ice cream!
    Blissful Regards,
    Kiley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails