Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Egyptian



Today for lunch my husband took me to an all you can eat egyptian place in town. I was so excited, because this was my first time going to an egyptian restaurant! They had falafels, fries?, hummus, pita bread, tabouleh, potato salad, basmati rice, and okra & tomato stew. That was it as far as vegan goes. The non vegan stuff they had was meats, yogurt dip, greek salad(with cheese), and rice pudding. The hummus, falafels, and tabouleh were my favorites :) One of the things that struck my interest on the menu was the egyptian coffee. I love coffee! So I ordered that even though it was $4.00 and the standard coffee was $1.95.


My plate:)


The lady failed to mention that the coffee was TINY! It was espresso sized basically. I was a little disappointed with the size, but then again what do I know. I did enjoy the flavor of the coffee a lot though! You could really taste the cardamom in it, and I love that there was no milk in it! I really enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could give you the recipe for the chickpea noodles on my blog, but it's from a new cookbook by Robin Robertson called 1000 Recipes. It's totally worth the money!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails