Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Raw Hemp Milk



I was all out of almond milk tonight, so I decided to experiment making raw hemp milk.

3 cups cold purified water
1/2 cup hemp seeds
pinch of sea salt
1 Tbsp agave

Blend together for 2 minutes (my blender cover wasn't completely on so the milk exploded everywhere). You are suppose to use a cheese cloth over a strainer, but I was out of cheese cloth so I just used a tea strainer. This seemed to work. Once it was all drained into the jar, ta-da! Fresh hemp milk! Not bad if I do say so myself. If you have never had hemp milk, it has a creamier texture than almond or rice milk. The consistency is similar to whole cow's milk. I love chocolate hemp milk. I will be using this hemp milk to make a recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. We'll see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails