Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Falafel & Naan


Tonight's dinner was falafel & naan. I was lazy because I get off work late now, so I just used the box falafel. I mixed it according to the box and formed it into patties. I broiled it instead of deep frying it. I tried to go the healthy route tonight ;) After it was cooked, I whipped up a sauce to spread on the naan. My husband said that the sauce made the dish to him. Here's the sauce:

Dill Sauce
1/2 cup veganaise (plain vegan yogurt would work great too)
1 tsp dill (or as much as you want to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1 garlic clove- chopped

Easy enough huh? So I took out the naan and spread alot of this sauce on it ( I LOVE dill), then added the falafel patties and some spinach.This recipe would also be great with lettuce,
cucumbers, & tomatoes. I was working with my limited ingredients that I had though.

*This picture isn't much to look at by let me assure you, it was tasty!*
Well, I'm busy drinking my kombucha trilogy & watching this new show called "V", and so far I like it. Will blog more tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails