Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Aloe Superfood Salad


Hello everyone! Sorry for the long absence. I've been busy with my amazing child :) Ocean is ALMOST 14 months old! How fast time flies when you are in love & enjoying life! I am so thankful to be able to spend every moment with her. This picture above was her at the park.


To all my vegan friends on here, I just wanted to let you know that I have gone back to eating vegetarian. I still eat mainly raw vegan most of the time, but since my pregnancy I have added in bee products, grass-fed organic ghee, occasional grass-fed organic humanely raised cheese & eggs only from my moms hens (who she raised very humanely and with organic feed only). 

I made this amazing salad for lunch today and just had to share it with you all!

Superfood Cleansing Refreshing Salad 

Two spears of fresh aloe (with clear jell removed)
One organic mango
One organic cucumber
One organic tomato
One organic avocado
Juice from one honey tangerine
Coconut oil (optional)
Bee pollen (optional)
Fresh stevia leaves
Fresh spearmint leaves

Cut all veggies & fruit into cubes. Chop stevia and spearmint leaves. Combine all ingredients and pour juice of one tangerine on top. Finish off with bee pollen. 

Variations:
*If you desire a sweeter flavor you can add more stevia leaves, more tangerine juice or a little coconut palm sugar or raw honey. 
*If you wish for less sweet, you can add some lemon or lime juice with basil leaves & cut out the mango.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails