The winner of the UliMana truffles is...........Michelle!!! YAY MICHELLE!!! So email me your address and I'll get those over as soon as it's payday (I'm broke right now :). My email address is scarshelter (at) gmail (dot) com.
Breakfast was hash browns with lots of catsup and hot sauce and a green juice with bananas, kale, cinnamon and ginger.
Tinctures I have been working on. I have three tinctures "extracting" right now including Sleep tincture, PMS tincture and Immunity tincture. Would you like to know how to make these? Well, I'll tell you then! To make an alcohol tincture, it is actually very simple.
Alcohol Tincture Instructions:
- Fill a quart jar 1/3 to 1/2 full of herbs.
- Fill jar to the brim with alcohol.
*Make sure alcohol is at least 40% alcohol which is 80 proof. I don't recommend anything more than 100 proof because it is pretty strong and burns when drinking. Also, I recommend using organic vodka, but you can really use any plain vodka and if you absolutely don't have any vodka then you can use plain rum*
3. Keep in dark cool place for two weeks.
4. After the two weeks, strain vodka/herb tincture through cheesecloth.
5. Pour into bottles and use! (It can be stored in a dark cool place for approximately 3 years, but usually longer.)
*This method is NOT for children, adults only. I only say that because it contains alcohol.*
*Also, I personally feel that alcohol tinctures work better, faster and they are stronger. That is why I like to make alcohol tinctures as opposed to glycerin.*
Child & Adult friendly method is the following:
Glycerin Tincture Instructions:
- Fill crock pot 1/3 full of herbs.
- Pour hot water over herbs, mix with spoon until herbs are damp. Do not soak them with water!
- Pour vegetable glycerin over herbs until crock pot is full.
*Make sure that glycerin is FOOD GRADE. You can ask for help in the store if you need to.*
4. Heat on low for 3 days. Stir occasionally.
*This makes a HUGE batch by the way. You can cut down the mixture to make a smaller batch if you want. I like to make big batches though :) *
5. Always keep an eye on your mixture. If it smells like it is cooking (very strong smelling) or burning, don't worry. Your mixture is not ruined, the process is just sped up. So cut your time down to 2 days instead of 3.
6. Strain glycerin mixture after 2-3 days while it is still warm. It's easier to pour while warm.
Here are the herbs I used in the three tinctures above:
Sleep tincture: Lemon Balm, Chamomile, Passionflower, Hops Flowers & Valerian Root.
PMS tincture: Cramp Bark, White Willow, Chamomile, Passionflower & Valerian Root.
Immunity tincture: Peppermint Leaf, Echinacea Root, Elderberries & Rose Hips.
If you aren't interested in buying all the things to make a tincture and just want to buy one from me, then just let me know what type of tincture you need and I can make you one :)
This is all some awesome Thai food I had the other day. I am sure you haven't noticed by now that I LOVE Thai food.
Here is a picture of my friends hairless cat. She is super friendly!
...and my Panther just chillin.