Friday, October 28, 2011

Desserts...tasty, tasty desserts!

I have been making lots of sweet things lately, and I wanted to share two awesome recipes with you. 

How awesome does this look? This was the cake I made my brother for his birthday. 

Chocolatey Chocolate Cake

1 chocolate cake mix (ex. Cherrybrook Kitchen)
1 vegan  chocolate pudding mix
1 cup Tofutti sour cream
1 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
4 egg replacers 
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups vegan chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together and pour into greased bunt cake pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 min. Cool for 1 hour before inverting (this is the hardest part :). While it's cooling, make frosting sauce.

3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
3 Tbsp Earth Balance
1/4 tsp vanilla 

Pour that over cake once it is inverted and you've got yourself a chocolatey chocolate cake!




I made this for a halloween BBQ we are having tonight :)

Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
I veganized this from THIS recipe. 

1 stick Earth Balance
1 cup sugar (raw if you like)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
5 egg replacers
2 1/2 cups soy creamer
12 croissants
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips

Go to the link above to see how to make the recipe :) Enjoy!

Also, please don't forget to enter my STRAWESOME giveaway! It ends November 1st!

12 comments:

  1. Interesting ingredients on the chocolate cake! I'm sure I've never made anything like it. Sounds so good. And my husband and kids are crazy about things like bread pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The croissants definitely helped with richness!
    Jenny, these are not healthy in the least...but yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that cake looks sooooo delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow!! That cake looks divine! Bread pudding is something I haven't had for a long time. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH. MY. GOODNESS.. That cake looks RIDICULOUS, this is so not fair it's 12am and you've induced the most intense chocolate cake craving and I have none! Boooo to you!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh noms, I wish you were here to make one of these for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that looks like a bread pudding I could get behind! I've never heard of adding chocolate, but that makes perfect sense because who would want to eat bread pudding without chocolate?! ;) Maybe that's just me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That cake recipe is insane. Did you invent it yourself? (Not to imply that you're insane).

    I've been searching for Vegan Croissants for years. Do you find them at a bakery in Hawaii?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Chocolatey Chocolate Cake sounds and looks awesome! The bread pudding does too, but I'm all about that cake! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG both of these desserts look decadent and AMAZING!!! Who doesn't love a rich chocolate cake...and chocolate croissant bread pudding?! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ummmm...that cake is my PMS dream!!!!!!!!!! lololol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails