Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner

For breakfast, I had some rose tea with some "sausage" patties and daiya chedder.
I've been craving chocolate milk, so on my lunch break I ran to the store to get some chocolate silk. Mmmm...
Can you guys tell I love avocado yet? I had an everything bagel with avocado and nutritional yeast. My coworker was thoroughly weirded out by the nutritional yeast.
I think I finally have mojitos down. I have made my share of bad ones too, let me tell you. Here is the recipe for what I did.

Basic Mojito Recipe

15 mint leaves
1/2 ouce fresh lime juice (or bottled is fine)
1/2 ounce mint syrup
2 ounce rum (light rum is best)
1 ounce club soda
Ice

Muddle leaves with lime juice and mint syrup. Add ice & rum. Shake well. Top with club soda & mint sprig. Every time I make this recipe it uses up all my spearmint in my garden!

Mint Syrup Recipe

1/2 cup heated simple syrup (simple syrup is just 1 part sugar to 1 part water melted together)
1 cup mint leaves, chopped


Pour both into glass and refigerate overnight. Lasts up to a week.

Yesterday was my friend Roper's birthday. Luckily for me, I was in charge of putting together the kabobs. I was happy because I got to make my own with mushrooms, red, green, and yellow bell pepper, onions, and cherry tomatoes. Normally when I go to these BBQ's I have nothing to eat, so I totally lucked out this time! I was prepared though. I brought my own mushrooms, bell pepper, and daiya cheese just in case.
This is his precious dog Maggie.
And one of my precious guinea pigs, Pancake.

12 comments:

  1. Yum. I love the idea of your avocado and nutritional yeast sandwich...your poor co-worker doesn't know what he/she is missing out on; I love the stuff.

    Thanks for the mojito recipe...will have to try that out over the summer sometime. Your kebabs look pretty and delicious too.

    Maggie is adorable, and Pancake is just too cute for words...great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rose tea sounds Splendid-Delicious.

    I so want a pet in my life, but the flat is so small it would be unkind. So for now, we will enjoy our fish that are rather therapeutic to watch actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much to take in! What is in that bowl in the first pic? Bragg's makes Nutritional Yeast? You have a tried & true Mojito recipe? The dog and the guinea pig are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose- nutritional yeast and avocado is a great combo! Ya, they don't know what to do with me at work. They are always looking at my food or smoothies and saying, what's that? Or, what's in that? Thanks for the compliment on my friends doggies and my piggie. Let me know when you give the mojito recipe a try!

    Mangocheeks- The rose tea was great. My cousin sent it to me from Wisconsin! At least you are able to have fish. That's something :) I love my pets and can't imagine my life without them now.

    Shen- First pic is rose hip tea. YES! Bragg's make a nutritional yeast! Awesome huh? I love having it in a shaker bottle as apposed to a baggie when I buy it in bulk. I really like this mojito recipe and I know you have been trying to find a good one, so I hope you like this one! and thanks, I love my guinea pig :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rose tea looks so pretty, especially in a pink mug! I'll be making mojitos soon, too, now that my mint is growing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica- ya, my cousin just recently introduced me to rose tea. Isn't it pretty? I used up all my spearmint I had and still had to buy more at the store. I still have my peppermint though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I didn't understand that you were just showing the dry tea leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...two of the things I love to see on blogs, yummy food and cute pets! Love the idea of nooch on avocado...never thought of that, thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shen- Oh, haha! There is water in there, but the rose tea was floating on top.

    Evergreen- Two of my favorite things too. I try not to post my pets ALL the time, but I always want to :) Nooch and avocado are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rose tea - love it! Add rose hips for extra Vit C. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moon Mama- Thanks for the tip! Will definitally do that next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. those look better then my kaboobs. Great blog btw ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails