Friday, April 9, 2010

Moonpads


I finally got my first order of moonpads! I was so excited to try them out, even though all my friends and family think that I have finally lost my mind. Here are the facts on moonpads. They are handmade reusable menstrual pads. They are guaranteed to last 5 years. They are super comfortable and absorbent. It is great on the environment to use moonpads, because women in North America alone throw away 20 billion disposable tampons and pads a year!



Now here is the scary part. There is a chemical called dioxin used in bleaching tampons & pads. Dioxin has been linked to cancer, birth defects, reproductive disorders, infertility, depressed immunity and TSS. Rayan is also used in tampons and leaves behind paticles that cause drying, ulceration, which ultimately lead to a breeding ground for bacteria. I knew all this stuff, which is why I stopped using tampons about a year or so ago. I found out about moonpads and thought that it was a brilliant idea! I have only had them for two days, and so far I have no complaints! They are way more comfotable than disposable pads and way more absorbant than I thought.


In short, I am very happy with my moonpads! If you are interested in ordering some you can check out the site I ordered them from: http://www.etsy.com/shop/epicerma .

2 comments:

  1. I have come across other alternatives, but this one is new on me. Thank yo so much for sharing. The absorbancy would be the only aspect that would concern me, but as you say that you have had not complaints so far, I am off to check them out and may give them some consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, for sure check them out. There are a few different companies that sell them. I'm sure you have also heard of the diva cup as well? So far, I am pretty happy with them though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails