Monday, October 19, 2009

Poke

Today's lunch was "vegetarian poke". I think that's kind of an oxymoron, don't you? It consisted of watercress, onions, tomatoes, & tofu in some type of light sauce. It was good but a little plain, so I dipped the tofu chunks in salad dressing and it was great along with my organic carrot juice. YUM! I am slowly going to the vegan side of things, but it is hard in hawaii to be a vegetarian let alone a vegan! Vegetables in Hawaii are so expensive it's retarded. Plus I try to buy everything organic as well, so even more pricey. Does anyone have any good suggestions on soy cheese? I've heard follow your heart brand was the best, but haven't even attempted to try any yet. When I was at safeway I also picked up one of those Amy's brand pizzas. This one is cheese-less, vegan. We'll see how it tastes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails