Monday, September 13, 2010

Hip & Hippie Review


I feel bad because I am way behind on reviews, so here is a review that is way past due! 

Let me just begin by saying that I LOVE Hip and Hippie! If you have been wanting a new candle or two to purchase, then look no further than this company. Hip & Hippie was started by two sisters named Deann and Julie. They are all about everything that vegans stand for! Here is a little information about their products. They use 100% soy wax and essential oils to make their candles. All their candles are earth friendly and recyclable. I love that their candles are so earth friendly because I have heard, though don't quote me on this, that paraffin candles are just as dangerous to the lungs as second hand smoke! A lot of candles also use lead in their wicks which can be very dangerous to your health. I am happy to report that Hip & Hippies wicks are lead-free and made from unbleached cotton. 

Hip & Hippie have something wrapped around their candles called "seeded paper". You can plant this seeded paper and have wildflowers growing in your garden! To learn more about their seeded paper click HERE. Every candle also comes with a cute little metal charm as well. These charms are made from recycled metals and can be used as jewelry or bookmarks! 



All their candles are either in aluminum tins or glass. The glass that they use is a restraunt quality drinking glass and can either be reused (what I plan on doing) or recycled. The lids that Hip & Hippie use on their glass jars are made from recylced paper, nontoxic glues and of course are 100% recyclable. They can also be thrown in your compost! I could go on and on about how much I love this company, but I think you should just go stop by Hip & Hippie and check them out first hand. I always have a link to their website on the very bottom of my page, just in case so that it's just a click away!

 Deann was sweet enough to send me this candle. The scent is Vanilla Bean Sweet Orange.I LOVE it! Sometimes, I just walk by and pick it up and smell it on my way out the door. It is a light sweet orangey vanilla scent. Perfect to light any time and not overpowering at all. I will definitely be purchasing from them again, and I have not yet found another candle company that can compare to Hip & Hippie and everything they stand for.

Right now they have free shipping on all orders over $75, so please check them out HERE!
*As usual, I was not paid for this review and this product was donated to me.*

4 comments:

  1. It's all hippy all the time with you now. Groovy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great company :) I really like the "seeded paper" idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl. Those candles look so yummy! I have a question.When you do a review, is it just on an item you have bought? or do you inform the company that you are reviewing? Just curious :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shen- You know it babe ;)

    Cassie- I love the seeded paper idea too. They are such an awesome company.

    Julie- Normally, either I write to the company or the company contacts me and asks me to do a review. The candles are great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails